Full Time Funeral Director
Successful Funeral Directors come from diverse backgrounds. They are quick and lateral thinkers, empathetic, problem solvers and truly love giving of themselves to serve families in need.
Your positive approach, attention to detail and passion for exceptional customer service will see you shine in this role.
A university degree in almost any discipline will be highly regarded, however having a mix of over three years in customer service or event management experience and an ability to juggle multiple tasks and think on your feet is essential.
At H.Parsons you’ll enjoy working in a fast paced, progressive environment where your talents will be recognised. We offer an above award salary, access to industry best practice training, a highly regarded Employee Assistance Program which is free for all staff and their families and a fun, diverse and supportive culture.
We are fiercely proud of our history. We are industry leaders and the only 100 % Australian family-owned funeral business in the Illawarra. We embrace innovation, progressive thinking and diversity in the workplace. Our commitment to supporting the community is demonstrated through the Parsons’ Pillars – environmental sustainability, social responsibility, supporting local businesses and supporting the local community.
We employ 50 locals and support over 40 community and sporting organisations. Our continued success is driven by our exceptional service, integrity and transparency - we believe in providing unrivalled value for money, information and choice, strictly, no sales tactics. We believe in doing everything we can to ensure every little detail is just right for each individual family.
Successful Funeral Directors come from diverse backgrounds. They are quick and lateral thinkers, empathetic, problem solvers and truly love giving of themselves to serve families in need. Your positive approach, attention to detail and passion for exceptional customer service will see you shine in this role. A university degree in almost any discipline will be highly regarded, however having a mix of over three years in customer service or event management experience and an ability to juggle multiple tasks and think on your feet is essential.
As a Funeral Director you will support local funeral operations by meeting with families to plan and arrange funerals. You will be required to set up for funeral services at a variety of venues; drive the hearse, mourning cars, or other vehicles; use audio visual equipment; and support families at the funeral, throughout the arrangement process, and on the day of the funeral. You will also be transferring deceased persons from their family home, nursing home, or hospital into our care. The role includes cleaning and preparing our fleet of vehicles, cleaning our venues before a service, and other ad hoc duties as required.
Our ideal candidate:
• Is an effective communicator who is at ease interacting with families from a wide range of backgrounds to ensure a quality funeral experience
• Is an active listener to meet the needs of families
• Appreciates and respects families' unique needs, recognising religious and cultural diversity
• Demonstrates care, compassion and empathy when gathering or requesting information and providing timelines
• Proactively liaises with office staff to ensure a full brief for each service is provided to inform the scheduling process
• Manages and communicates the details of funeral bookings to ensure the right resources are available on the day
• Operates internal and external audio visual equipment including but not limited to iPod and laptops. Above average computer literacy would be a considerable advantage
• Identifies risks to wellbeing by monitoring self and others through times of stress or exposure to difficult circumstances
The successful applicant will be required to participate in an after-hours on call roster involving night time transfers, weekends and some public holidays.
• Min 3 years customer service and/or event management experience
• Ability to perform a wide range of administrative tasks with a demanding workload
• High level interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to providing a quality service and quality improvement initiatives in workplace practices and procedures
• Ability to use computer software applications and electronic systems.
• Full unrestricted NSW Drivers’ Licence
• Justice of the Peace (or the willingness and the ability to obtain within your probationary period – more information https://www.jp.nsw.gov.au/Pages/justices-of-the-peace/becoming-a-jp.aspx)
• Reputation - pride in our service and history
• Cohesive - together we care
• Honest - we do what is right
• Fun - we enjoy what we do
WHY JOIN US?
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following:
• Full training and comprehensive induction program
• Supportive and people-focused culture that provided flexibility and high levels of autonomy
• Diverse team working environment
• Competitive pay rate
• An RDO before and an additional day off after each rostered on-call period
• Access to over 300 online training courses in a wide variety of fields
• Employee Assistance Program – free for staff and their families
• Company supplied iPad and mobile phone
• Full uniform
You must address the Essential Requirements for the role or your application will not be accepted.
Please provide your response to the selection criteria of no more than two pages and an updated resume with no more than 5 pages.
As part of our recruitment process, applicants for this position will be asked to obtain a criminal record check and medical/physical assessment to ensure fitness to complete the inherent requirements of the position.